<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 16, 2003

Investor on the Roof-Eileen and I were watching a best-of-Broadway show on our PBS station yesterday, and they had Zero Mostel doing If I Were a Rich Man. One of the verses seemed to fit Warren Buffett all too well (italics added)
The most important men in town will come to fawn on me-- They will ask me to advise them, Like a Solomon the Wise-- "If you please, Reb Tevye?"-- "Pardon me, Reb Tevye?"-- Posing problems that would cross a rabbi's eyes-- (chanting) Ya va voy, ya va voy voy vum... And it won't make one bit of difference If I answer right or wrong-- When you're rich, they think you really know.
At least Ahnold added George Schultz. Not a flaming supply-sider, mind you, but an improvement over Mr. Berkshire Hackaway (at economic growth). Also, will someone remind Ahnold that Rob Lowe only plays a communications director on TV.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?