<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 29, 2003

Aftenoon Musings- Tony Blair's spinmeister, Alastair Campbell, got that sudden urge to spend more time with his family. Funny how politicians find that urge when they're on the hot seat. Congressman Bill Janklow might be spending quality time with his new boyfriend Spike instead of his family; he's up on manslaughter charges for his killing a guy after running a stop sign at 70 MPH. Full disclosure: I ran a stop sign at ~10 MPH while looking for a parking place 20 years ago, but I didn't kill anyone, either. [Update 9/1- Reader John Cliver properly rebuked me for that Spike crack-
Congressman Janklow is not one with whom many share good feelings, and, with his blatant disregard for traffic laws and the safety of others, he deserves to be punihsed. But he does not deserve prison rape. No one does. It certainly was nothing Jesus would have wished on his enemies. That was beneath you, and it was not Christian.
You are correct. Janklow doesn't deserve to be raped. Some time behind bars, possibily, but I don't want to wish rape upon anyone. That wasn't my better angels of my nature talking. I sometimes get too sarcastic for my own good. Keep letting me know when I step over the line.]

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?