<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 27, 2003

Edifier du Jour-Galatians 5:22-23(NASB)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Not yet, at least; the EU is working on it. Sometimes it's too easy to look at that laundry list above and dismiss it as if it's got a firm grasp of the obvious. However, we start heading away from God to the extent that we fall short of those things. For instance, a two-hour drive back from Melbourne can test most of those. Some of them go hand-in-hand with me; patience and self-control go together, as when I remember to think, I make better choices. Gentleness tends to promote kindness and goodness, for a gentle response, is unlikely to be harsh and evil. Combine patience and gentleness and you're now into love and peace. These are the things that happen when you let the Holy Spirit give directions; on your own you're going to fall well short on most if not all of these items. On my own, I fall way short, especially in joy and peace. I'm trying to not do things on my own as much, and that's been helping.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?