<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 02, 2003

Edifier du Jour-John 14:2-6(NASB)
2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. 4 "And you know the way where I am going." 5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
Coming to the Father through Jesus' blood, clearing the way for taint-free fellowship with God. That's as politically incorrect a statement as the Bible says, for it shoots down a number of arguments, especially universalist ones. Jesus is the gatekeeper and there isn't a back door. However, he's not just the gatekeeper, but the innkeeper. There may have been no room at the inn where He was born, but there's plenty of room at His digs. He is preparing our room, but my innkeeper analogy is a bit off, for we're not heading to Heaven for a visit but an eternal stay; the room preperation is more like a mom getting the adult child's room ready when they're returning home. However, even that analogy doesn't work, since the friction of living under your parent's roof won't be there with God.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?