<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 09, 2003

Edifier du Jour-Revelations 2:1-5(NASB)
1 "To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands, says this: 2 'I know your deeds and your toil and perseverance, and that you cannot tolerate evil men, and you put to the test those who call themselves apostles, and they are not, and you found them to be false; 3 and you have perseverance and have endured for My name's sake, and have not grown weary. 4 'But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place--unless you repent.
I'm a bit late in opening up the free ice cream stand today largely in part due to a bit of spiritual lethargy. I wasn't feeling particulary close to God in the morning and would rather reorganize my office or grade quizzes (good things) or catch up on articles at Tech Central or The Weekly Standard than focus on God. This section about the Ephesians hit home; I might be working for the Lord and doing all the proper doctrinal things, but the passion that is there when you first came to the Lord (or when you had a serious rededication) wasn't there this morning. We need to keep on rekindling that sense of joy that comes in the newly-saved. Someone gave me a Google hit looking for something on Kim Hill's When I Remember earlier this morning; my Yom Kippur Edifier quoted the chorus
When I remember what You've done; When I remember the shedding of Your blood; I can't help but worship You For all You've done.
Sometimes we take God's love and Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for granted and allow out love of God to get stale. We need to re-remember what God has done for us and celebrate it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?