<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Freedom Kisses-Just when the Freedom Fries/Toast meme started to take off (the normally apolitical smooth jazz channel in Tampa was in on the act yesterday), Lileks puts a dagger to the heart.
We have French doors in this house. We do not have Freedom doors. I do not put Freedom’s Mustard on my hot dogs. I do not want my legislators to rewrite the scripts of “Family Affair” so Sebastian Cabot’s butler character is named “Mr. Freedom.” What am I supposed to call my niece - someone who has dual American-Freedom citizenship? You like the sound of that distinction? Holy temporarily satisfying empty symbolic gesture, Batman!
If you get a bit too passionate with your significant other at the capital, is it a Freedom Kiss?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?