<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 27, 2003

Edifier du Jour-Romans 8:5-8(NASB)
5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
The closing message of our conference last night was one that brought me to tears. Mr. Carrin talked about the Holy Spirit's work being to normalize our lives; not to make them normal in a worldly way but by what God views as normal. Carrin didn't preach on Romans 8 last night (he worked out of Acts 9 which I wrote up back in November) but verses 6 and 7 speak to that normalcy. The normalcy that God wants in us is a fruitful, peaceful fellowship with Him. By the world's standards, I'm an eccentric, hypersensitive nerd, but I'm becoming normal in God's eyes. A spirit of rejection had set up shop in me for far too long, for I was taking that worldly view to heart. I was reminded last night that I am normal. I'm not sure how many other folks out there are looking for acceptance and normalcy. God loves you as you are and wants to make you more normal, if you'll just let him do His work in you.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?