<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 06, 2003

Edifier du Jour-Numbers 6:22-27
22: Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 23: "Speak to Aaron and to his sons, saying, 'Thus you shall bless the sons of Israel. You shall say to them: 24: The LORD bless you, and keep you; 25: The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; 26: The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.' 27: "So they shall invoke My name on the sons of Israel, and I then will bless them."
Verses 24-26 was the standard benediction at a Baptist church I went to in the late 80s, and I struggle a bit to hear it again for the first time. I think the kicker for me as I reread this is God being gracious to us. We might talk about receiving grace in the form of our salvation, but being gracious is more than a one-time act of forgiveness of sins, it's an ongoing stream of unmerited favor. God keeps giving, "spoiling" us like a grandmother.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?