<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 17, 2003

Edifier du jour-Matthew 18:1-6(NASB)
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3 and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 "Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 "And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
I'm to tender-hearted to fit in easily to the world; what they call "transparent" on a men's retreat comes across as a weird crybaby to the world. I've always felt so immature and self-centered that, despite being 41, I didn't seem to be eligible for a men's retreat. However, the other people around me at the retreat this weekend weren't any better off than me. When you get the facades off, they're just as wounded as I and and even more childish. However, they (and I) need to work on being childlike, open and transparent. When we are open and childlike, we can sit on Abba Daddy's lap; the Aramaic "abba" translates better into modern English as an intimate Daddy rather than a distant Father. We can't sit on God's lap easily as self-sufficient adults, but we can do so as a child.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?