<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 24, 2003

Bahgdad Musings-We're closing in on Baghdad. I'm at a loss for a time where a major city has been attacked since the Korean War. Grozny seems to be the closest that comes to mind, but that was more of a guerilla war in Chetnya. We have a lot of fire power and nifty gizmoes, but the Iraqis have home-field advantage and the no-scruples advantage. I haven't seen a good Den Beste take on this yet, but I since it would be forthcoming. This could be very bloody, for a lot of booby traps and nasty tricks could be pulled. I'm having images of Berlin's door-to-door fighting for a lost cause with the Russians having to pull Hitler's corpse out of the bunker. I hope it doesn't come to that, for that will cost hundereds of American/British and thousands of Iraqi lives to pull off. Still, it needs to be done. I remember coming out of a Financial Management class in the fall of 1990 before Gulf War I and remembering a less-than-Mirandeqsue command of Belker from Hill Street Blues- "Do you want to come peacefully, or would you prefer internal bleeding?" Saddam preferred internal bleeding then, and he still seems to be a glutton for punishment.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?