<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 07, 2003

Afternoon Musings-Looks like Saddam will get a knick-knack St. Patty-whack; the Coalition of the Willing's giving them until the 17th to clean up their act. Eileen was hoping for the 15th, telling them to beware the Ides of March. The American Street of Winter Haven (the ol' boys at City Barber Shop) is ready to go, favorably commenting yesterday as I got my ears lowered on a Charlie Daniels editorial on Iraq. I had been seeing reports that Osama was reportedly cornered on the Pakistani side of the Afghanistan border. This report has two of his sons captured on the Afghan side. Ben's got a good piece on warfare not being gender-based with a nice piece on Elizabeth I. He also brings back memories linking to this ESPN piece on the 20th anniversary of the USFL. I can remember June of 1983, when the Michigan Panthers, with one of the USFL biggest gets, Anthony Carter, a sack machine name John Corker and an unknown kid from a directional school in Louisiana named Bobby Hebert (I would groan when radio announcers couldn't pronounce A-bear), hosting Oakland in the playoff opener at the Silverdome. The Panthers put playoff tickets on sale for $5, prompting my college roommate, my girlfriend and I to road trip down from Mount Pleasant for the game. There were plenty of other people who you've head of playing. Doug Flutie and Hershel Walker were playing for New Jersey Trumps Generals, Steve Young played for the LA Express (the joke at the time was to merge them with the Washington Federals and create the Federal Express who'd move anywhere overnight) and a young Rick Neuheisel quarterbacked the San Antonio Gunslingers.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?