<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 27, 2003

Afternoon Musings-I wound up napping a good part of the morning; the week has been a lot more tiring that I thought it would be. While I had the week off, Eileen has been working, so our 10-6 sleep sked has turned into 11-6 with the evening sessions of the conference running towards 9:30 when ministry time and a half-hour drive back to Winter Haven is factored in. There was a lot of good food for thought on forgiveness, the Cross, the nature of the Holy Spirit and our response to Him that I'm still digesting. I'm not quite sure what to make of this piece of news on Windows NT 4.0-there's a bug in the TCP/IP protocols that makes hacking easier; they've fixed it on 2000 and XP but "the company states that fixing NT4.0 is simply too difficult." Is that because NT is too buggy to fix or that you want people to upgrade to 2000? Maybe they'll upgrade to Linux; a big working relationship between HP and Red Hat might mean even more servers will fail to pay Bill Gates his pound of flesh. The Northern Front might be opening up. US paratroopers landed in Kurdish areas and Kurdish militias are moving into non-Kurdish areas. Things seem to be progressing, but I'm still not getting a big picture that I can wrap my mind around. As I understand it, we've got two big moves to the south of Baghdad, one on one side of the Euphrates and one on the other. However, the details seem to be in short supply, most likely for good security reasons. I'd like to get a better picture of what's going on, but so would Saddam.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?