<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Fasting and Prayer-Hour 24-I'm Not Alone-Other than a small spoonful of spaghetti sauce (testing the seasoning and temperature before serving Eileen), I've not eaten since 11:30AM yesterday. I am taking liquids; orange juice at dinnertime and breakfast-time and a glass of hot chocolate (it's in the low 70s, but it was in the cafeteria capaccino machine and it looked good) just now. Interestingly, our pastor at the Lakeland Vineyard, Dave Baker, sent out an e-mail this morning calling for a churchwide fasting and prayer; to the best of my knowledge, he's not one of my blog readers:
At 3:55 this morning (Tuesday) I felt God stirring me to issue this call. I know that we have a time of prayer and fasting coming up March 20-22, but we can't wait until then. Let me give you four reasons why. First, we are a country on the verge of war and we and our leaders need to hear from God. Second, we need to pray against every possible attack of the enemy whether domestic or international. We don't do this from a position of fear, but rather in the wisdom of God. Third, God has raised us up for such a time as this and we need to be ready and sensitive to the moving of His Spirit. Fourth, we have several activities scheduled in March that call for your participation and need your prayer covering. God wants and desires to touch lives through the LV Cool event, the joint prayer and worship, the Men's Retreat, and the Word, Spirit and Power Conference. I believe God is issuing an urgent call for us to join Him in what He's doing. As we respond it will be wonderful, but challenging because we're so use to doing things our way, on our time table and from our comfort zone. That's all about to change and we need to be ready.
I might of started this fast in guilt over past lackings in my prayer life, but it looks like I'm not the only one who's on his knees.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?