<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 10, 2003

Edifier du Jour-Proverbs 9:7-10 (NASB)
7 He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself, And he who reproves a wicked man gets insults for himself. 8 Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you, Reprove a wise man and he will love you. 9 Give instruction to a wise man and he will be still wiser, Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning. 10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
It doesn't take a Ph.D. to start to understand God; in fact, intellect often gets in the way of knowing God. Wisdom isn't knowledge, it's how one applies the knowledge he has. Such wisdom comes from knowing God and respecting His power; the fear in verse 10 isn't the "God's gonna gitya" fear, but a respect for His greatness I'm not sure I'm quite wise yet, for I'm not in love with my correctors; grudgingly appreciative is more like it. However, I do learn from other people still, so I might yet be a candidate for wisdom.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?