<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 16, 2003

Edifier du jour-Luke 16:10-11(NASB)
10 "He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much. 11 "Therefore if you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you?
I'm trying to do a faithful job in a number of different things, including being first a follower of God, then a good husband, a good member of my church and the Church, a good professor and a good blogger. I'm struggling to make sure to not cut corners so that all of those jobs get done in that order. I've found myself blogging too much and not preparing my classes as well as I should, or having blogging take away from prayer time or time with my wife. No, this isn't a "I'm giving up blogging" or "I'm cutting way back" post. I have something of a ministry here, as I get at least a hundred sets of eyeballs here each weekday wanting to read what I've said; it's not quite just a hobby. However, I might be cutting down a little in the time spent on the Web. I might read a few less blogs, saving some time to write. I might read a bit less news. I might write a bit less, as has been the case in the last three days. I'm also taking a good look at some of the other little things, like taking lunch to work rather than spending money at the cafeteria or drinking less pop and more water. God does care about the little things; He's not anal retentive, but He does appreciate when we ask for His advice on the small stuff as well as the big monumental decisions.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?