<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 30, 2003

Edifier du Jour-Revelation 3:10-12(NASB)
10 'Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 'I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.
I had an old Twila Paris lyric "let no man take your crown," going through my head this week, since I'm getting a crown on one of my teeth later this morning. Blogospherians don't have a lot of persecution in their lives; becoming a believer doesn't make you persona non grata with your family or put you under a death sentence. However, we do face a low level of ridicule from a secular world that doesn't understand the upside of a life guided by God. We are joint heirs with Christ; the Saudis don't have anything on the size of God's royal family. The world doesn't understand God and wants to make you a commoner. The royals have eternal life, while they bury commoners. You might be called closed-minded or old-fashioned or judgmental or all the other pejoratives that the secular world brings to the party; you are also called His child, adopted into God's family.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?