<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Edifier du Jour-Psalm 139:13-16(NASB)
13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. 14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. 15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; 16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
I was teaching my Investments class yesterday and turned a chapter on stock market terminology into an impromptu motovational speech. The topic at hand was short-selling, which allowed me to bring up the old phrase "don't sell yourself short." In finance, short-selling is borrowing a stock, then selling it with the intention of buying it back later at a lower price; you short a stock when you think the price is about to go in the toilet. If you sell yourself short, you're saying that you're value's about to go in the toilet. Not if God has anything to say about it. You're His creation, and He's not done with you yet. You were fearfully and wonderfully made and have a future to look forward to, in Heaven if not on this planet. God's bullish on his children 'cause He's got the inside information on each one of us.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?