<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 06, 2002

Edifier du Jour-Romans 5:6-11
6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
When I read this passage this afternoon with Eileen, I had a hard time getting my mind around rejoicing (in the NIV) in Jesus' death. What happen on the cross hit home like never before. He didn't just take the "sin of the world" upon Himself, he took my sins up there. He took my gluttonies, my lusts, my lazinesses; all of it. All of it being dumped onto Him, and when He was done taking the scorn for my sins, there were a billion more sin dumps for him to take, one at a time. I have a hard time being joyful over that fact. I am grateful that Jesus did do that, for I'd be on the highway to Hell without it. However, I have too much respect for what Jesus went through to be joyful over it. I take joy in the Holy Spirit's presence, but my thoughts on Calvary are more to exult God, as the NASB translates, to put Him in a place of respect, than to be joyful.

Comments:
Youth is warcraft leveling not a time of life;warcraft leveling it is a wow lvl state of mind; wow power level it is not power leveling amatter of World of warcraft Power Leveling rosy cheeks, red wrath of the lich king power leveling lips and supple knees;WOTLK Power Leveling it is a matter of thewill,wlk Power Leveling a quality of buy aoc gold the imagination,aoc gold a vigor of the emotions; it is thefreshness of the deep springs wow gold of life. Youth means a tempera-mental maplestory mesos predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite formaple story mesos adventure over the love of ease. wow gold This often existsin a man of 60 more than a boy of 20. Nobody grows old merely by anumber of years.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?