<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Edifier du Jour-Psalms 42:1-2
1 As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God. 2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?
The theme of Sunday's sermon was whether we are desperate for God. I couldn't stand for that alter call and I'm still trying to figure out whether it is confidence or complacency that is holding me back. The confidence I'm talking about is that God is right there 24/7; the deer might not be panting much if he knew that brook is right by his side all the time. The desperate man's object of desperation is what he doesn't have or is afraid of losing. The believer has the Holy Spirit as his counselor and won't lose it, so that knowledge (at least to me) should mitigate that desperation. The complacency part that I worry about is that I'm settling for a very lame relationship, that God has so much more to offer than I'm allowing Him to give. Problem is, I'm not sure what to ask for. I'm in Santa's lap 24/7 and I don't know what gift to ask for. Should I ask to be desperate for more of Him? Should you ask, too?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?