<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 31, 2002

A Quick Halloween Follow-up-I'm on my way to a record-setting hit day with the buzz from my Halloween and Harry Potter pieces. Brownpau brings up 1 Corinthians 8 about "weak" members who freak out over food sacrificed to idols and "strong" members who know that those idols aren't real and can be safely ignored. I would go back and add 1 Corinthians 6:12 "All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything." Some of us have a stricter view of what is permissable; by that standard I could be seen as the weak one in Pauline theology. However, there are a lot of things that aren't profitable; I'll make a strong case that Halloween isn't one of them. However, one should hold back on giving both scriptual barrels to people who took their kids trick-or-treating tonight or who handed out candy to other people's kids. I may think it's a bad idea, but if the family has a living faith in Jesus, it might not be an issue you want to go to the mat over.

Comments:
welcome to the wow power leveling, cheap service site, buy cheap wow gold,wow gold,world of warcraft power leveling buy wow power leveling
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?