<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 28, 2002

Edifier du Jour-Psalm 51:1-13(NASB) The youth pastor over at the Lakeland Vineyard was preaching on this yesterday; it hit a cord then and hits a greater one now.
1 Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your loving kindness; According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity And cleanse me from my sin.
One of the first steps to proper relationship with God is to know you need your sins taken away and that God can do so. I like verse two's "wash me thoroughly" part. It harkens forward to Peter at the Last Supper, when he at first opts out of Jesus' foot-washing, then wants to go whole hog and get his entire body cleansed.
3 For I know my transgressions, And my sin is ever before me. 4 Against You, You only, I have sinned And done what is evil in Your sight, So that You are justified when You speak And blameless when You judge.
Knowing that God can forgive sin is one thing; knowing that you are a sinner is another. You may avoid the 'bigger" sins and come across as a good citizen, but everyone from the mass murderer down is still a sinner. Even if something is a "victimless crime" in the eyes of the world, it still hurts God.
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.
A good way of pointing out original sin; David calls himself a sinner from conception.
6 Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.
This is the Holy Spirit in action, reforming our spirit.
7 Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
David just conceived a child out of wedlock, tried to cover up the fact, then had the cuckolded husband killed. If you think God can't clean up your sins, think again.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness, Let the bones which You have broken rejoice.
When things are so low you don't see a way out, or you've been down so long the pain and ache becomes normal, God can reach through and provide joy that does not befit the situation.
9 Hide Your face from my sins And blot out all my iniquities.
God does that through the blood of Jesus, which obstructs God view of our sin. It's not as much that the sins are erased but that God view is blocked by their being covered by His Son's blood.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit.
I need this today. It's been a rough couple of weeks, and I need my spirit sustained and renewed. When things are tough, we seem far away from God. However, His presence is there for the asking.
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners will be converted to You.
Once we are transformed by this renewing, we then need to go and tell others what is available through God.

Comments:
If I were gold für wow a boy again,world of warcraft gold I would practice perseverance wow gold cheap more often,maple meso and never give up a thing because it was or inconvenient. If we want light,Maple Story Account we must conquer darkness. Perseverance can sometimes equal genius in its results.wow gold kaufen “There are only two creatures,”cheap maplestory mesos syas a proverb, “who can surmount the pyramids—the eagle and the snail.” If I were a boy again,wow geld I would school myself into a habit of attention;maple mesos I would let nothing come between me and the subject in hand.maple story power leveling I would remember that a good skater never tries to skate in two directions at once.billig wow gold The habit of attention becomes part of our life, if we begain early enough. I often hear grown up people say maple story items“ I could not fix my attention on the sermon or book, although I wished to do so” , wow powerlevelingand the reason is, the habit was not formed in youth. If I were to live my life over again,wow leveling I would pay more attention to the cultivation of the memory. I would strengthen that faculty by every possible means,wow power leveling and on every possible occasion.maplestory powerleveling It takes a little hard work at first
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?