<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 09, 2002

Edifier du jour-Romans 10:12-15(NASB)
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." 14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15 How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"
I'm reminded of the students who took me aside after one of my MIS classes last month to say that I was the first teacher to openly talk about Christian principals in any of their MBA classes. That cohort was in their next-to-last class. I'm not sure how great their memories are, but that was an indictment of the MBA program at an avowedly evangelical college. True, there not that much of the Gospel you can squeeze into Managerial Accounting or MIS of whatever your day-to-day grind is, but we need to tactfully and thoughtfully squeeze it in when and where we can. This is where I tend to act like an Arminian, even though I have a solid predestination theology. My mind wants to think that its matters who and where we witness, that the person we reach will be one that might not be reached otherwise. I don't walk the walk too well as an evangelist, hiding in my office or behind my computer. But the message that God's perfect, we're not and that Jesus died to bridge that gap needs to be said and said to many people.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?