<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Edifier du jour-Micah 4:6-7(NASB)
6 "In that day," declares the LORD, "I will assemble the lame And gather the outcasts, Even those whom I have afflicted. 7 "I will make the lame a remnant And the outcasts a strong nation, And the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion From now on and forever.
Micah 4 is a moving vision of the new Jerusalem that Jesus will reign over, if I'm reading this right. The "study war no more" of verse 3 would seem to require a divine ruler in place, for I don't see a human ruler pulling that off. However, as someone who has been a misfit most of his life, I take comfort in these two verses above; I feel a part of the nation of outcasts of verse 7. God uses the weak and the misfits and uses them for his glory. He chose a small shepherd boy to be Israel's greatest ruler. When he came to earth, he didn't head to the seminaries to pick his disciples, he headed for the fishermen and tax collectors. I'll speak to the intelligent outsider that quite a few bloggers can relate to. Many of us are strangers to our own country's culture and mores, for this truly isn't our country. We're citizens of the Kingdom of God. He's creating a strong nation of such outcasts. This technology is putting these outsiders together, bringing believers from around the world together in ways that hasn't been done before. When you feel like you're not quite fitting in where you're at, know that your part of that strong nation without borders.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?