<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 01, 2002

Edifier du jour-John 18:33-38a
Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, "Are you the king of the Jews?" "Is that your own idea," Jesus asked, "or did others talk to you about me?" "Am I a Jew?" Pilate replied. "It was your people and your chief priests who handed you over to me. What is it you have done?" Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." "What is truth?" Pilate asked.
The last part of the passage is particularly pointed for the present age. The followers of Jesus are on the side of the truth, while the world asks what truth is. Unfortunately, we need to get people to seek the Truth before they can find it, and the modern world questions the concept of absolute truth. If we can get people out of a relativistic framework, we have a shot at getting them there.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?