<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 30, 2002

Edifier du jour-John 17:20-23
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me
Christian unity is a tough subject. The common focus of serving a risen Savior helps to bind us together, yet some small doctrinal differences will draw us apart. Liberals will tend to brush over basic concepts like Jesus' divinity and saving death on the cross in order to achieve unity. However, the pan-evangelical spirit of fellow believers seems to mark the discussions in the newly emerging Christian Blogosphere. We recognise that God's perfect, we're not and that Jesus died to bridge that gap. Baptists, Reformers, Catholics, Episopalians, Pentecostals and Charismatics are all putting their $0.02 in, agreeing on most things and politely disagreeing on some things. I'm finding my Calvinist streak firming up in this discussion and becoming a bit more of a literalist as I get my personal theology picked over by some smart people. Laymen tend to be more open to politely talk through doctrinal differences that the pastors, and this discussions that have popped up in the past few months have been enlightening.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?