<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Edifier du jour-John 13:2-11
The evening meal was being served, and the devil had already prompted Judas Iscariot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus. Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?" Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." "No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me." "Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!" Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." 11For he knew who was going to betray him, and that was why he said not every one was clean.
You have to love Peter; open mouth, change feet. Washing feet was a servent's job, and Peter was unworthy of having the Messiah wash his feet. However, we are worthy in God's eyes, for Jesus came to be a servant to mankind. Once Peter understood that Jesus required that he be washed, he wanted to go whole hog. For the moment at least. I'm not sure how to apply the washing of the feet versus the whole body, but here's my stab. If we are cleansed of our sins by the blood of Jesus upon our belief in him, we need only be washed of the day-to-day sins, which are handled through prayer and personal confession. We don't need to be re-baptised for each transgression.

Comments:
I would gold für wow cultivate courage.buy wow gold “Nothing is so mild wow gold cheap and gentle as courage, nothing so cruel and pitiless as cowardice,” syas a wise author. We too often borrow trouble, and anticipate that may never appear.”wow gold kaufen The fear of ill exceeds the ill we fear.” Dangers will arise in any career, but presence of mind will often conquer the worst of them. Be prepared for any fate, and there is no harm to be freared. If I were a boy again, I would look on the cheerful side. life is very much like a mirror:sell wow gold if you smile upon it,maple mesos I smiles back upon you; but if you frown and look doubtful on it,cheap maplestory mesos you will get a similar look in return. Inner sunshine warms not only the heart of the owner,world of warcraft power leveling but of all that come in contact with it. “ who shuts love out ,in turn shall be shut out from love.” If I were a boy again, I would school myself to say no more often.billig wow gold I might cheap mesos write pages maple meso on the importance of learning very early in life to gain that point where a young boy can stand erect, and decline doing an unworthy act because it is unworthy.wow powerleveling If I were a boy again, I would demand of myself more courtesy towards my companions and friends,wow leveling and indeed towards strangers as well.Maple Story Account The smallest courtesies along the rough roads of life are wow powerleveln like the little birds that sing to us all winter long, and make that season of ice and snow more endurable. Finally,maple story powerleveling instead of trying hard to be happy
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?