<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Edifier du jour-Philippians 3:7-9
But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.
Paul described himself earlier in the chaper as a Jew's Jew, but that and $0.75 can get him a cup of coffee when it comes to the bigger picture. We may say that knowing Him is the most important thing in our lives, but do we back it up? I spent more time dwelling on basketball than God yesterday and that isn't too edifying, although it would have more so if Stack hadn't gone 3-18 :-). Our relationship with God comes through Jesus; all the other trappings of life are nice, but a distant second behind knowing Him.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?