<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 02, 2002

Tempist doth Fugit- Having lived four decades, I have occasional "it was that long ago?" moments. This weekend, when the Pistons played Golden State, Rick Barry was in the house to cover the Warriors and to check out son Jon draining threes for the Pistons. It hit me that it was over a quarter-century ago (1975 if memory serves) that he led Golden State to a title. Doesn't seem that long ago that I was trying free-throws underhanded Barry-style to improve my basketball game. Had another one of those moments today on was the 20th anniversary of the Argentinian invasion of the Falklands. The counter-attack by the British was the coming-out party for the Iron Lady, bringing British pride back. I remember my friend Dave, who was in the Navy at the time, pointing out that the US was en route to help the British if the needed it, as his Pacific-based carrier group was being rerouted to the South Atlantic. Thankfully, the Argentines didn't put up a bad of a fight as they could have .

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?