<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 09, 2002

Bitty Blogs-This John Scalzi's article has taken the wind out of some people's sails today, pointing out how puny a blog's influence is compaired to mainstrean media websites. Well, I had 128 unique visitors yesterday (Monday), and I'm averaging 1000 hits a week since installing my counter three weeks ago. Those are 128 more people that get to hear my wonderful wit and insight (Oh, barf bag, pleeeese) than did back in December when I wasn't blogging. The numbers are going up, but there are a number of reasons I do this. It gives an outlet for my eclectic interests, and gets me to talk about things that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. I get to trade political insights with students and activists, have trans-denominational theological discussions and talk smack about foreign policy with other international affairs geeks. I'm not being read in the White House, but you do get to meet a lot of interesting people. A Eastern Orthodox Yalie gave me both barrels on my theology in an e-mail today; I wasn't getting the chance to get under the skin of any Eastern Orthodox Yalies before blogging, and that's cool. Enjoy the blogging for what it is. If I develop a following and I get a writing career out of it, cool. If not, then I'll just enjoy the conversation and learn a lot in the process.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?