<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 15, 2002

Your Spiritual Mileage May Vary-On my way in to work, it dawned on me that I had just trashed at least four big denominations, and would like to clarify a little. There are good pastors and good churches in lame denominations. For instance, the United Methodists, as a denomination, are left-of-center theologically. However, my dad, my friend Rose and our friend Dubya are born-again Methodists. The president chooses to drive a bit further in DC to find a more theologically conservative Methodist pastor. My sister's in-laws go to Ames Methodist in Saginaw; pastor Mark Karls is as biblically-sound as they come and is comfortable visiting the very spirit-filled Shield of Faith church for Friday night special speakers. You can find the Gospel in a mainline church, you just can't count on it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?